At FTA we pride ourselves on the excellence of our teaching, student satisfaction and employability rates.
Our former students have secured jobs with major airlines, including easyJet, Aer Arann, Ryanair, Monarch, Aer Lingus Regional, Loganair, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Lion Air, Arik Air, Iraqi Airways, Iberia, Turkish Airlines, Jet2, Wizz Air, Air Arabia, Air Baltic, Estonian Air, AirX, Sriwijaya Air, Susi Air and Air Contractors.
Former students have also secured jobs in other pilot careers such as business jet companies and approved training organisations.
However, it is creating confident, accomplished pilots which is at the heart of what we do. With this in mind we have chosen to partner with companies who provide in-depth training and preparation for roles with airlines. Please read on for more information about these partnerships and feel free to contact Kura or Virtual Aviation for more information about the courses they offer our cadets.
Please note: Integrated students that decide to enrol with Kura Aviation or Virtual Aviation, instead of completing the MCC with FTA, will receive money back on their fees.
Not sure if you have what it takes to be a pilot?
Complete our quiz to help you identify whether you have the Math and logic skills required to embark on your pilot training and later your airline interviews.
The quiz serves as an excellent introduction in to the type of skills and mental math you will require whilst in command of an aircraft.
Virtual Aviation - AirlineReady™ APS MCC
Once you have completed your commercial pilot training with FTA you can enrol on Virtual Aviation’s AirlineReady™ APS MCC
The APS MCC has been introduced by EASA to deliver enhanced MCC training to Airline Pilot Standards.
This new framework is intended to "equip a pilot with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to commence initial type rating training to the standards generally required by a commercial air transport operator".
In addition to multi-crew cooperation training, the APS MCC syllabus also incorporates 'advanced swept-wing jet aeroplane training' and 'advanced airline operations scenario training' followed by a final assessment.
The new regulations include regular progress checks throughout training, and only those students who achieve the required performance level in their final assessment can be issued with an APS MCC certificate.
The new AirlineReady™ APS MCC replaces the MCC+JOC, and it's the first APS MCC course in the UK to be approved by the Civil Aviation Authority.
More information about the course can be found on the company’s website, or you can view the full course information here.
To help you find out more, Virtual Aviation offer free-of-charge preview visits. These are arranged on a date to suit you, and are just for you.
FTA students are eligible for a special discount on the Virtual Aviation's course fees and should contact Virtual Aviation for more information, email: Info@virtualaviation.co.uk or call: +44 (0)1223 979737. Virtual Aviation are based at Cambridge Airport, near London Stansted.
The AirlineReady™ APS MCC comprises:
- 20 days total duration including rest and study days
- 4 days of Theoretical Knowledge Instruction
- 10 days (40 hours) of simulator training in our brand-new B737-800 simulator
- Free-of-charge use of the simulator (when available) for practicing procedures
- Unlimited access to our full-size B737-800 cockpit mock-up, FMC trainer and study facilities
- A personal Standard Operating Procedures book
- A large scale B737-800 cockpit poster
- 10% off further simulator training for refresher or assessment preparation
- Access to the Virtual Aviation Graduate Network
Read student testimonials online.
QUICK LINKS TO KEY CONTENT FROM FTA
Relevant information and pages you may want to review...
- Student testimonials - Read our pilot and cadet stories and see how our students flourish over the course of their training
- Start dates - Review the next date you could start your training
- Book a tour - Meet our instructors, view our fleet and take a tour of the flight school
- Campus life- Read about our campuses in the UK and Spain
CV and airline preparation
To support our students with their Pilot job applications, interviews and assessments, we fund an airline interview and assessment preparation workshop with AirlinePrep, Europe’s leading airline assessment specialists.
At FTA we recognise that holding the CPL/IR with Frozen ATPL is just an entry requirement for a job interview and what sets a candidate apart is having the confidence to demonstrate core ICAO competencies. Airline in there Pilot interviews and assessments making them employable Pilots.
- CV and cover letter writing
- HR and competency interviews
- Technical interviews
- Group exercises
- Numerical, verbal and scientific reasoning
- First Officer skills and responsibilities.