Overview: Are you looking to qualify to fly an aircraft with more than one engine? If you are studying towards a Frozen ATPL, you will need to complete the MEP Rating course before taking the ME Instrument Rating (IR) course. We offer MEP Rating on the Diamond DA42 aircraft.
Duration: Six hours of dual flight time and a minimum of seven hours of theoretical studies, followed by a theory exam and a flight test. This course can be taken full- or part-time and can be studied as a package along with the ME CPL and ME IR.
- 2.5 hours dual flight time – completed under normal multi-engine operation conditions
- 3.5 hours dual flight time – completed on engine failure and asymmetric flying
- Minimum of seven hours of theoretical studies
- Theory exam
- Flight test
- Instruction on the DA42 includes tuition on FADEC Garmin G1000 and EFIS systems.
- EASA PPL
- 70 hours PIC
- MEP Rating – Diamond DA42 Twin Star: £3,845 inc VAT*
- Theoretical studies
- Six hours flying time
- All landing and touch & go fees, as per course syllabus
* The one hour flight test and fees are not included.