FTA operates one of the largest and most modern fleets of training aircraft in the UK. The aircraft have an exceptional safety record and allow our students to train on similar systems to those found in today’s commercial airliners.
Our training fleet grows year on year and currently accounts for over 10% of all Diamond aircraft registered in the UK. Our fleet comprises of both single-engine piston (SEP) and multi-engine piston (MEP) aircraft – all maintained in accordance with and exceeding stringent European EASA regulations.
The fleet contains the following systems:
- Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC)
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)
- Longitudinal and Lateral axis Autopilot with altitude preselect (AP)
- Flight Management System (FMS)
- Air Data Computer (ADC)
- Anti-Ice System
- Conventional Instrument Displays
- Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS)
Our students fly the following aircraft: