The rollercoaster of lockdowns over last 12 months may have meant a hiatus in your dreams. With the industry expecting a recovery over two years and the training taking the same length of time, it is time for change.
Apart from a brief closure in 2020, our flight school has remained open and operational throughout the pandemic. With everyone's social calendars on hold as we start 2021 (and therefore a significant lack of distractions) we think that the time for enrolling with the right flight school is now.
Our full-time programme, an EASA Integrated Flight Deck Programme (FDP), takes two years to complete and starts with theoretical instruction. ATPL Theory at FTA Global is like nothing else in the industry. Outside of instructor-led lessons you will access computer-based training and online books to support with self study. Last year we extended the study period to improve subject comprehension and ensure high results.
"I was really pleased with my results and have finished ground school with 14 first-time passes and an overall average of 91%."
It worked. Our ATPL classes continued throughout 2020 using this software, and our students successfully completed their exams with high pass rates and averages, despite the pandemic. The first module of 2021 is being delivered using Microsoft Teams, a video conferencing software, and our plan is to bring everyone on site as soon as it is safe to do so.
2021 - the year for change
We know that it is important for you to know when and where your training will take place, and that the greatest care is given to ensure the best training.
Whilst we were pleased to be able to continue to recruit students throughout 2020, when we started 2021, it became clear that now is a good time for us to introduce something new.
The first start date for the FDP in 2021 is now the 21st of June. Our hope is that this revised start date will offer you more time to complete an EASA class one aeromedical, collate all your paperwork and hunt for the right student accommodation. You will enrol with a larger cohort of students (up to 22), forging friendships with your peers from day one. Our 2021 Integrated Flight Deck Programme features several additional features not previously offered. As an FDP student at FTA, you can expect the following:
- Full visibility of your training record using our online scheduling software, FlightLogger.
- Efficient scheduling in our Piper and Diamond Aircraft to ensure flight training consistency through the course.
- 100% UK-based flight and theoretical instruction.
- ATPL theoretical instruction over nine months using leading Padpilot eBooks and specialist computer-based training to optimise your experience and performance.
- Upset Prevention Recovery Training (UPRT) delivered by our training partners FPT.
- Airline preparation training, including CV writing classes and interview workshops.
- Support from a dedicated student welfare assistant to ensure that all of your accommodation and non-academic needs are covered.
- Access to the student collective (a representative student body) to ensure a feedback mechanism for the duration of your course.
- Expert flight instruction from experienced, standardised instructors.
- An elite pilot enhanced MCC (APS MCC), delivered in Sussex by our specialist partners in airline preparation.
Our location and excellent reputation sets us apart from others. We are proud to be one of the only UK-based commercial pilot-training academies to offer the entirety of our training in the same county. Our South Coast location benefits from being close to London airspace, and you gain radio communications experience flying out of a busy airport with full ATC.
"FROM DAY ONE YOU REALISE THAT FTA’S MISSION IS TO HELP YOU SUCCEED IN YOUR TRAINING AND I BELIEVE THAT THE FLIGHT AND GROUND INSTRUCTORS GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO COOPERATE WITH THAT" - JUSTIN
Modular as an alternative?
If the FDP doesn't suit you or your circumstances, embark on your training one module at a time.
You can complete all or part of your training with us and expect a high standard of instruction, whatever the course you choose. We do everything we can to ensure our students achieve first-time pass rates with our excellent training. Our recent (2020) statistic showed that all of our Modular CPL students achieved a 1st series pass of 100%.
To be eligible to enrol on our Integrated Flight Deck Programme, we require the following:
- You to possess at least five GCSEs (to include Maths, Science and English). It would also be an advantage to have two A Levels or an equivalent.
- You to be at least 18 years old
- You to possess (or have booked) an EASA Class One medical.
Our enrolments are modest and we have staggered start dates to ensure optimised operational efficiency. Our start dates this year are:
- 21st June
- 20th September
- 6th December
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about starting your pilot training in 2021.
If the fluctuating levels of restrictions have taught us anything, it has to be 'don't put off until tomorrow, what can be started today'.