How does Brexit affect your ATPL Exams?
All ATPL exams completed before 31 December 2020:
- All ATPL exams completed before 31 December 2020 - Those who have completed all their ATPL exams with the UK CAA prior to the end of 2020 will need to have these verified (if they haven’t already) by an EASA state. However, they will not be required to sit any further exams.
- Those who have completed ALL their ATPL exams with an EASA state prior to the end of 2020 will need to have these verified by the UK CAA . However, they will not be required to sit any further exams.
Multi-engine IR and CPL training and testsSingle Licence (UK CAA or EASA)
- Only one CPL and IR skill test is required under preferred approval.
- FTA’s price is as per the course package quoted at enrolment. See here for more information.
- Two CPL skill tests are required, one for the EASA licence, and one for the UK CAA licence.
- Two IR skill tests are required, one for the EASA licence, and one for the UK CAA licence.
- You will need to hold an EASA class 1 medical and a UK CAA class 1 medical for both licence applications.
- The extra cost of completing the dual licence route for modular students is £4950*. This includes the extra IR and CPL skill test and ATPL theoretical exams. The Integrated Flight Deck Programme, Advanced Modular Package and the Dual Licence Combined Package include Dual Licencing costs.
- Please note that the cost differentials are based on your personal circumstances, for example, when you completed your ATPL exams.
Renewals and revalidations
Once your licences are issued, your rating issue/expiry dates will be the same on each licence. You will be able to revalidate/renew these ratings on both licences at the same time, provided you attend an ATO approved by UK CAA and EASA and complete the check with a dual qualified examiner.
Medicals should also be able to be revalidated at the same time but this will likely require a nominal admin fee payable to the AME.
Please note all prices quoted are approximate and include first attempt at each exam.
*Prices quote are correct at time of publishing (09/04/2021). Please click here to see our price list page for standard rates.