About FTA Global
We are a leading commercial flight and airline pilot training company.
Established in 2006, FTA offers competitive,
We are currently one of the only UK flight training academies to offer an integrated fight deck programme with 100% of the training entirely based in the UK.
Our primary base, Brighton City Airport was first founded in 1910 and is the oldest continuous licensed airport in the UK. The airport's primary purpose was to provide a base for general aviation and training. It was the site of the first commercial flight in Britain and today, over a century later, students from across the globe come here to train as commercial pilots.
Our trainee pilots learn to fly in Piper PA28, Diamond DA40 Star and DA42 Twin Stars Aircraft. Our state-of-the-art Diamond aircraft are not only sleek and modern in appearance but also function, featuring the same systems found in modern airliners, including EFIS, ADC, FADEC and GNSS instruments.
All the roles advertised are based at Brighton City Airport (formerly known as Shoreham Airport).
Theoretical Knowledge Instructor
We have a vacancy for a Theoretical Knowledge Instructor (TKI) who will be responsible for the delivery of the ATPL theoretical knowledge subjects within the EASA/CAA syllabus. They will develop and structure the ATPL lessons, as well as appropriate student progress tests. Along with the main instructional role, TKI’s will be assigned as student mentors to help track individual student progress, along with any administrative tasks that need completing for that student.
All candidates should be flexible and enjoy working as part of a team to inspire the next generation of pilots.
Our Theoretical Knowledge Instructors will be responsible for:
- Delivering a range of EASA/CAA ATPL theoretical knowledge subjects.
- Developing and preparing course material appropriate to the lesson and in accordance with the ATPL theoretical knowledge syllabus.
- Developing, invigilating, and debriefing student progress tests
- Acting as primary instructor for their assigned student, keeping track of student progress and updating their training record.
- Acting as subject matter expert in their assigned subjects.
- Acting as secondary instructor for certain subjects as assigned by the CTKI.
- Providing support to individual students where needed, to help meet their learning requirements.
- Have passed the full suite of ATPL theoretical knowledge exams under the UK CAA or EASA exam bord.
- Flight or ground instructional experience desirable however other experience may be considered.
- Being organised, professional and able to work under pressure is an essential requirement of the role.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Power Point are essential, as well as any internet-based record system
- Excellent work load management and customer service skills.
This position is full-time.
Closing date for applications: 27th May 2022
Job Type: Full-time, Monday to Friday, 4 day compressed working pattern.
Flexible benefits including:
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Technology loan
- Gym Flex
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking
- Nursery scheme
FTA Global offers flight training for professional pilots. As part of our regulatory approval to remain operational, Covid-secure measures are in place, and observed at all times. A full brief on all measures in place will be shared with candidates at the interview stage.