Life as a Pilot: FTA Summer Sessions, an on-site open day experience.
18th July, 21st August | 1:00pm - 5:00pm (BST)
Please note: Our 12th June summer session is fully booked.
Whatever question you have about pilot training, we will do all we can to address it. Our 'Summer Sessions' are intended to be an invaluable information gathering exercise for all those in search of answers. We have carefully created an event which includes the following:
- Insight from experienced pilots into the highs and lows of the career.
- A student's perspective of the training.
- Information from our instructors on what you can do now, to prepare yourself for both the training, and career.
Our Life as a Pilot: FTA Summer Session are structured as follows:
1:00pm - 1:15pm = To arrive and sign in.
1:15pm - 2:00pm = Welcome to FTA: Life as a Pilot Presentation.
2:00pm - 2:45pm = Private tour of our facilities taken by one of our students.
2:45pm - 3:30pm = A break to use your food and drink voucher that you will be given upon arrival.
3:30pm - 4:30pm = How to Prepare for your Pilot Training Presentation.
4:30pm - 5:00pm = Q&A session and Conclusion.
Please note: our Summer sessions are the same format so you will only need to attend one session.
In addition, 30 mins experiences in our state of the art Diamond DA42 Simulator (20 minutes flying time). are available to book. The special price to delegates is just £45. See below for full terms and conditions.
Your chance to win an introductory flying lesson
We are also excited to announce that everyone who signs up and attends one of our Summer Sessions will automatically be entered into our latest competition to win an introductory flying lesson in one of our Diamond DA40 aircraft. Terms and conditions can be found below.
Each summer session will have limited spaces available where you can bring up to a maximum of 2 guests. To register, please fill out our form below and a member of our team will be in touch within 48 hours to confirm your space.
If you can not make these summer sessions, we are offering both campus tours and 'digital drop-ins'. Our digital drop-ins are designed to ensure that we can address all your pilot training questions and concerns from the comfort of your own home. Please visit here for further information.
Covid-friendly measures: Throughout the pandemic, our flight school has continued to introduce significant measures to ensure that we are Covid-secure. The UK Government's recent easing of lockdown restrictions means that we can now offer these Summer sessions with limited spaces. Please note: face masks will be optional.
Life as a pilot - event registration form
Terms and Conditions:
- Each summer session will have a total of 50 spaces available. Each space will be allowed to bring up to a maximum of 2 guests.
- A Hummingbird restaurant voucher will be given per guest upon arrival and is valid for the day of the event. You will be entitled to a hot or cold drink and slice of cake.
- Flying experience Simulator session:
- We have availability of 5 simulator sessions per event. These will be 30 minutes long (20 minutes flying time).
- The price per session is £45.
- The Simulator session is non-refundable.
- Diamond DA40 Introductory Flying Lesson Competition:
- This prize is a 60 minute introductory Flying Lesson.
- The lesson has to take place on a Sunday.
- If there is no Diamond DA40 aircraft availability on the day, a PA28 aircraft will be used as an alternative.
- Your entry will only be valid if you sign up and attend one of our summer sessions.
- One winner will be chosen from all the entries in a prize draw.
- The winner will be drawn at random by a FTA representative.
- Competition entries will be 31st August.
- The prize will be drawn within 7 days of the closing date.
- The winner will be contacted within 7 days of being chosen.
- FTA will make several attempts to contact the winner. If unsuccessful (within 30 days), another winner will be selected a random.
- No cash alternative is available and the prize is not transferable, exchangeable or refundable.
- The promoter’s decision regarding all promotional matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only one entry per person.
- The competition is open to UK residents, other than employees of FTA, its agencies or their families.
FTA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.